Download (Mirror Download)
Time for the next round of objects extracted from Half-Life 2. These ones are sort of themed, but sort of not. There’s a bunch of alleyway-type junk; dumpsters, old mattresses, milk crates. There are also some cluttery things like binders and bicycles.
Included in this set is:
- 2 globes (1 large globe for the floor, 1 small globe for surfaces)
- loads of binders (3 meshes – 1 grouping, 1 single upright +10 recolors, 1 single tipped over +10 recolors)
- 2 mattresses (1 mesh flat +bloody recolor, 1 mesh leaning +bloody recolor)
- 6 dumpsters
- recycling bin
- 2 empty drawers (1 wide, 1 narrow)
- 2 meat grinders (1 for tables, 1 for surfaces)
- milkcrate +4 recolors
- parts bin
- 2 bicycles (1 upright +2 recolors, 1 tipped over +2 recolors)
- rusty sawblade
- 2 broken tv monitors (1 with a broken screen, 1 with no screen at all) (wallhangings)
- traffic cone
- Sometimes the textures that come attached to the objects aren’t the best (rather low quality). Sometimes I do improvements on the textures, or in some cases, replace them completely. Items with new textures not from HL2 are the globes, the mattresses, and the traffic cone. Most textures from http://www.cgtextures.com/. The globe image itself is from an old map.
- The table-height meat grinder MUST be placed with cheats on; you’ll need to use “moveobjects on” and “boolprop snapobjectstogrid false” to fit it to position. The meat grinder is exact dining table height, but it doesn’t look good on all tables, as some tables have a lot of fancy things on the edges, which causes clipping. It looks best on tables with simple edges.
- I meant to just make a dirty, gross mattress recolor but the texture I put on ended up looking a lot like blood. I actually like the effect, but sorry for the gore if it’s not your thing. On the reference charts linked below you can see what those files are called, if you want to delete the bloody recolor. Also, the mattresses are only decoration, and can’t be used as beds. (Or seating, incidentally. Sim above placed using an OMSP.)
In-game example 1
In-game example 2
Everything is compressorized! Enjoy!
Mesh included? Yes
Compatibility Base game
Poly count antiqueglobe_floor 410, antiqueglobe_surfaces 410, binder_group 100, binder_tipped 20, binder_upright 20, briefcase 236, dirtyoldmattress_1 452, dirtyoldmattress_2 452, dumpster_1 262, dumpster_2 534, dumpster_3 1044, dumpster_4 1044, dumpster_5 1044, dumpster_6 1044, emptydrawer_1 46, emptydrawer_2 46, meatgrinder_tableheight 594, meatgrinder_tipped 594, milkcrate_102, partsbin 284, recyclingbin 496, rustybicycle 1239, rustybicycle_tipped 1239, rustysawblade 752, tvmonitor_1 328, tvmonitor_2 328, trafficcone 114
Found under Decoration > Sculpture; Decoration > Wall Hangings;